Placing Items on Hold
Holds may be placed on any circulating item regardless of its availability status.
To place a hold on an item with a catalog status of Checked In:
--Call the library during open hours and someone will retrieve the item and place it on hold for you. This is the best option if you would like the item immediately
--Use the online catalog at the library or log on from home. Please be aware that there may be a delay in the item becoming available to you as there is a chance the item may be checked out by another patron before it can be pulled from the shelf. You will be notified by phone or email when it is available.
To place a hold on an item with a catalog status of Checked Out:
--See any staff member at the circulation or reference desk while you're at the library
--Call the library during open hours and someone will place your name on its hold list. You will be notified by phone or email when it becomes available for you.
--Use the online catalog at either the library or log on from home and follow the instructions. You will be notified when the item is available for you.
Please be aware that an expired card, fines, or overdue books may prohibit you from placing holds using the online catalog. Please contact the library so we may assist you.
To Place a hold on a Future Release item:
1.Click on Search Library Catalog at the top of the Hampstead Public Library home page http://www.hampstead.lib.nh.us/
2. Log in to your account through our catalog, using your card number and PIN.
3. Click on the “VISUAL SEARCH” tab. Click on the new search category of “FUTURE RELEASES”.
5. Find a book you are interested in reserving and click on the title
6. Click on the Reserve button on the right hand side of the screen and follow screen prompts.
7. Click OK to confirm you want to reserve.
8. We call you when it’s your turn!